Welcome to the website of the Webster Arboretum
Arboretum Birthday Party
Saturday, May 30, 2015, from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm at the Webster Arboretum
Did you know that the official name of the Webster Arboretum is the Webster Sesquicentennial Arboretum at Irving Kent Park? This year, the park is celebrating its 25th year! Please bring family and friends to our free community birthday party.
- Flyin' Brian and Miss Understood (magic & balloons)
- Plant a Wildflower Garden (Get seeds from the Webster Library's Seed Library before May 30; bring them to plant during the party!)
- Old Fashioned Family Games by the Webster Museum New Family Games from the Webster Parks & Recreation Department
- Free Disc Golf Lessons by the Rochester Disc Golf Club
- Scavenger Hunt & 2:00 Story Time
- Duck Race* (2:00 sign-in), 50/50 Raffle & food for purchase (all to support the Arboretum)
- Live Music all afternoon by Webster students and the Webster Village Band
*Duck Race: $1/ducky -or- $5/6 duckies. Duckies can be purchased at Webster Parks and Recreation, Golden Boys Restaurant, Mark's Pizzeria (Village location), Herman's Farm Market, and during event. Sign-in is at 2:00; races start at 2:30.
"The Webster Arboretum is a place where people will visit a unique garden of natural beauty. The site is multi-use to include leisure, educational and cultural activities in a natural setting. It also enhances awareness of the value, beauty and need for protection of our botanical resources. Our goal is to create a park-like setting dedicated to quiet reflection, beauty, sight, smell and sounds of nature. We also aim at reflecting on the past, providing for the present and leaving a memorial and vision of the future. People of all ages will find something rewarding whether walking, listening to nature or a band, studying and observing nature or resting."
Town father and inspiration
for the Arboretum 1921-1996